Joe’s Movement Emporium is a proud member of the Mount Rainier Business Association (MRBA). So it’s with pleasure and pride we help them announce the MRBA Bake-Off this Mount Rainier Day, October 1st!
Weekend Bakers of the Gateway Arts District! Enter your best baked dessert in the
Mount Rainier Business Association’s Mount Rainier Day Bake-Off
Entries will be judged by a combination of Mount Rainier residents and members of local Mount Rainier businesses
Deadline to Register: September 23
Competition Date: October 1
Bake-off will take place on Rhode Island Avenue during Mount Rainier Day.
Judging and the awarding of prizes will take place at 2:30 pm.
Prizes include: Cash and Gift Certificates to Mount Rainier businesses.
If you are a Mount Rainier resident and are interested in being a judge for the contest please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Rainier Business Association
Contest Rules for Bake-Off
Submit application by September 23rd. Day of event registration accepted by 12 noon.
Open to all amateur bakers.
Application consists of:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Category (Choose one: Cakes, Cookies or Brownies, Pies)
Submit above information to: email@example.com with “MRBA Bake-Off” in Subject Line.
- Contestants must be amateurs. Chefs, cooks or culinary arts students are not eligible.
- Contestants may have more than one entry, but can only win one (1) prize.
- Submissions must be home cooked (not store bought).
- Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
- All submissions will become property of Mount Rainier Business Association.
- Contestants may work individually or with a team (prizes will be awarded to one member/team only, NOT each individual).
- Contestants should not fraternize with the judges.
- 1:00 PM Check-in at the Mount Rainier Business Association Table
- 2:00 PM Tasting of Entries
- 2:30 PM Winners Announced
- Each contestant will be assigned a number for judging. Submissions will be judged on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest.
- You will be judged on taste and appearance.
- The Contest Representative will tally all of the ballots. The contestant with the highest score will be the winner.
CONTACT: Dennis Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIZES WILL BE ANNOUNCED 2:30 PM THE DAY OF THE CONTEST
Rules are subject to change