Joe’s Movement Emporium is honored to host The Resilience Ball: A Community Celebration of Strength and Hope, organized by local community members, this coming Friday, January 20th from 6 – 11 pm.
A very large audience is anticipated to attend the Resilience Ball. Together we can make this event low-impact to our neighbors. Here are some details:
DRESS: Come as you Art! Wear whatever makes you feel special, comfortable, and fits the occasion. It’s not black tie.
POTLUCK: Bring food and beverages to share. Plates, forks, napkins, etc. will be provided.
VOLUNTEERS: Please consider signing up for a two-hour volunteer shift to assist the community members who have organized the event. The most needed times are 6pm until clean up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044ea5ab2aabfd0-resilience
All attending the Resilience Ball event are encouraged to walk, bike or car pool when possible. Please be respectful of our neighbors when circulating through the community.
Bunker Hill Road in front of Joe’s will be closed off from 34th to 33rd streets starting at 5:30pm.
Joe’s parking lot will be restricted to elders and special needs only. There will be additional police presence to assist circulation.
CAR PARKING is available at:
- All meters in the town center. Please refrain from parking in the residential area.
- Walkable public parking at:
- Mount Rainier Elementary School
- City Hall parking lot
- Bunker Hill Fire Station AFTER 7pm
FREE SHUTTLE from satellite parking lot and metro between 6 and 11pm:
- The Mount Rainier call-a-bus will be operating as a FREE shuttle
- Kaywood Parking lot on Varnum Street near Eastern Avenue: please park on the non-paved portion
- West Hyattsville metro
- Last shuttle leaves from Joe’s at 11pm
Any questions or special needs, email Neena@joesmovement.org